Acquire the knowledge and skills for managing quality system and processes at the workplace that include managing customer expectations on quality aspects and monitoring the cost of quality and work processes using statistical techniques.
- National/International quality standards.
- Workplace quality system requirements.
- Scopes of quality system and processes.
- Customer expectations.
- Dimension of quality.
- Communication means.
- Use of statistical process control tools for measuring and tracking of quality performance.
- Quality issues resolution process.
Bring resources and processes together to achieve the organisation’s productivity goals using a variety of process improvement methodologies such as process mapping, analysis, and process redesign.
- Concept of process management.
- Organisational goals vis-a-vis customer expectations and requirements.
- Process continuous improvement methodologies used by organisations.
- Defining process relationship.
- Process mapping techniques.
- Process mapping conventions or symbols.
- Types of data and how data should be recorded.
- Process control for variable and attribute data.
- Process capability.
- Change solicitation process.
- Change resolution process.
- Standardisation of process.
Approach, understand, and apply the lean transformation process systematically. Gain the broad knowledge and tools to map the transformation using a system-wide approach for developing and implementing Lean Six Sigma project plans.
- Map and evaluate business process using Value Stream Mapping tool.
- Defines and establishes the value flow as pulled by the customer.
- Identify and analyse non-value added steps or activities in a process using Value Stream Mapping tool.
- Design and implement improvements to the business process.
- Measure and evaluate the improvement measures implemented against determined specifications.
- Implement a system of continuous-improvement in the process.
Apply, demonstrate, and practise the skills learnt to identify processes for re-engineering and to implement relevant changes to meet business objectives.
- Initiate process improvements initiatives in the organisation.
- Identify and select processes for reengineering.
- Draw Process Chart using the mapping tool/software.
- Identify value-added and non-values added activities within a process using the reengineering technique.
- Evaluate the process outcomes in term of cost, duration and service quality using the reengineering technique.
- Reengineer the processes to meet business objectives.
- Develop a reengineering project plan endorsed by stakeholders.
- Simulate the new processes for optimum results according to project plan.
- Structure the organisation and jobs to support the new process using the reengineering technique.
- Introduce change management to support the new process.
- Conduct post reengineering review according to organisational procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement programs according to organisational procedures.