Learn the essential skills and knowledge applicable to employees in maintaining workplace safety and health policies and procedures.
- Interpret workplace safety and health policies, procedures, and programmes.
- Educate workers on workplace safety and health policies, procedures, and programmes.
- Implement and control workplace safety and health management programmes.
- Implement workplace risk management programmes.
- Maintain workplace risk control measures.
Identify personal career goals after determining individual competencies and take steps to realise career goals by sourcing for job opportunities, preparing for interviews and internalising basic social etiquette that will boost employability.
- List personal competencies acquired through learning and experience.
- Determine personal career goals taking into account personal competencies.
- State sources of and interpret information on potential employment opportunities.
- Select jobs that best match personal competencies and career goals and apply for jobs.
- Prepare for and attend job interviews.
- Demonstrate basic social etiquette skills and personal hygiene during job interviews.
Acquire skills and knowledge in establishing personal goals and analysing them to relate to roles and responsibilities in the achievement of departmental goals. Learn to manage time effectively by maintaining work-life balance and by managing stress and personal finances to be an effective team leader or supervisor at the workplace.
- Analyse personal goals and align them to departmental goals.
- Examine personal roles and responsibilities and their contribution to departmental success.
- Examine personal strengths and weaknesses, apply strategies to overcome weaknesses, and use personal strengths to contribute towards the achievement of departmental goals.
- Plan, organise, and execute personal work activities to achieve departmental goals.
- Identify causes of stress that affect self and team, and apply stress management techniques to deal with them.
- Support the implementation of work-life balance programmes to achieve organisational effectiveness.
- Establish one’s existing financial position using appropriate tools, and explain how to manage such a position.
Acquire skills and knowledge in applying self-awareness techniques; model emotional intelligence principles to facilitate understanding and management of oneself and others in a team; and cultivate a positive emotional climate at the workplace.
- Recognise own emotional states, the causes of those emotional states, and their effects on own and team’s performance and interpersonal relationships at the workplace.
- Conduct self-reflection and gather feedback from team members to identify personal strengths and weaknesses for development of own Emotional Intelligence.
- Model behaviours that demonstrate application of Emotional Intelligence.
- Assess emotional states of team members and respond appropriately to emotional cues, taking into consideration the different cultures and background of team members.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in dealing with team members and making decisions, taking their emotions into account.
- Provide opportunities for team members to express their thoughts and feelings, and assist them in understanding the effects of their behaviour and emotions on others at the workplace.
- Encourage team members to develop their own Emotional Intelligence to build positive relationships among one another to achieve team goals.
- Promote a positive emotional climate at the workplace.
Acquire skills and knowledge in analysing employability issues in the global context. Learn to promote personal and professional growth in a team, and use strategies to adapt team members to the changing conditions and diversity at the workplace for greater productivity and effectiveness.
- Analyse information gathered from the media to determine relevant trends and issues that would affect the team.
- Analyse the implications of global competitiveness on one’s job and team.
- Identify the competencies required in current job for self and team.
- Identify gaps in competencies, determine training and development needs, as well as select resources and suitable learning opportunities that match the learning styles of an employee’s self and team.
- Implement ways to provide a conducive work environment to facilitate the transfer of learning among team members and peers.
- Promote opportunities for learning and coaching within a team.
- Analyse the impact of diversity on a team, and facilitate team members to work within a diverse team.
- Identify and implement strategies to motivate and assist team members to adapt to change in job requirements at the workplace.
Acquire skills and knowledge in facilitating work team activities; learn to improve team performance by promoting ownership and commitment among team members to reach goals and targets set; maintain positive relationships among team members with diverse backgrounds, and provide support and opportunities for individual and team contributions.
- Provide and clarify with team members on work-related information using appropriate communication techniques.
- Involve team members in the planning of work activities to promote ownership and commitment to work plan.
- Delegate duties and responsibilities taking into consideration the competencies of individual team members.
- Communicate thoughts and feelings to justify a position and responsibilities assigned to team members, and persuade and influence them.
- Communicate to team members the importance and interdependence of each team member’s role, and promote the benefits of diversity within the team.
- Communicate and agree on individual and team goals, as well as targets to be achieved.
- Provide opportunities for team members to contribute ideas and skills, as well as maintain positive relationships among them.
- Provide resources, assistance and support needed by team members to complete projects or work activities.
- Analyse project control reports and performance assessment results to ascertain team performance, and provide feedback and criticism to team members using appropriate communication techniques.
- Communicate team performance and related issues of concern to management, as well as provide recommendations to address them.
Acquire skills and knowledge in promoting effective communication within the team; use appropriate communication, conflict resolution, and negotiation skills to build rapport and relationship with colleagues, stakeholders and customers; resolve conflicts through negotiation while taking diversity issues into consideration.
- Communicate organisational communication policies and procedures to staff and monitor their compliance.
- Maintain channels of communication to update staff on latest and relevant work-related information according to organisational communication policies and procedures.
- Promote effective communication among staff taking into account diversity issues.
- Use appropriate communication techniques and tools to suit different communication styles of people in formal and informal settings.
- Assess conflict situation and develop appropriate conflict resolution strategies.
- Resolve conflict using appropriate confl ict resolution strategies, approaches and techniques.
Acquire skills and knowledge in working with a team in practising problem solving and decision-making, which includes anticipating and identifying potential problems, facilitating team’s effort to resolve the problem, making appropriate decisions and seeing implementation plans through.
- Identify symptom(s) that could lead to potential problem(s) at the workplace.
- Apply logical deduction to anticipate and detect problem(s) at the workplace based on symptom(s) and relevant information gathered.
- Analyse relevant information surrounding the perceived problem(s) and identify the exact problem using elimination process, objective reasoning or process questioning.
- Analyse the root cause(s) of the problem(s) at the workplace using appropriate problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Faciliate generation of solutions to solve problem(s) by encouraging creativity among team members.
- Select a solution among the shortlisted ones collectively with team members using appropriate evaluative technique(s) and criteria.
- Develop an implementation plan that addresses the root cause(s) of the problem(s) and consider the impact to self and team.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented solution and implementation plan by analysing feedback gathered from relevant sources.
- Formulate and execute modifications to restore and/or enhance effectiveness of implemented solution and implementation plan.
- Review the effectiveness of modifications made and analyse learning points and best practices that can be used for future reference.
Identify areas for continuous improvement; apply strategies to facilitate, motivate, and sustain initiative and innovation in the team, while also being able to identify and evaluate risks associated with innovation and initiative at the team level.
- Identify possible areas for continuous improvement and challenges in getting team members to initiate actions for continuous improvement at the workplace.
- Lead and motivate team to initiate actions, ideas, and suggestions to improve workplace or business performance.
- Assist team members in unleashing their potential innovation and creativity, increasing their ability to develop creative ideas for innovation.
- Facilitate team to be self-directed and sustain effort for continuous improvement at the workplace.
- Conduct risk assessment of new initiatives on team performance and success, and recommend possible risk management strategies.
- Implement appropriate risk management strategies to support innovation and enterprise.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented strategies in achieving planned outcome.