Learn and comply with the workplace safety and health policies and procedures that are applicable to employees at operations level.
- Follow safe work practices and risk control procedures.
- Participate in workplace safety and health management activities.
- Follow workplace emergency response procedures.
Identify personal career goals after determining individual competencies and take steps to realise career goals by sourcing for job opportunities, preparing for interviews and internalising basic social etiquette that will boost employability.
- List personal competencies acquired through learning and experience.
- Determine personal career goals taking into account personal competencies.
- State sources of and interpret information on potential employment opportunities.
- Select jobs that best match personal competencies and career goals and apply for jobs.
- Prepare for and attend job interviews.
- Demonstrate basic social etiquette skills and personal hygiene during job interviews.
Apply knowledge and skills such as establishing personal goals and relating them to workplace goals, managing time effectively, maintaining work-life balance, and managing stress as well as personal finances so as to optimise effectiveness at work.
- Set personal goals and align them to team goals.
- Identify one’s role and responsibilities, and their contribution towards the achievement of team goals.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses, list the strategies to overcome weaknesses and describe how personal strengths can contribute towards the achievement of team goals.
- Plan and complete personal tasks to meet team goals.
- Recognise symptoms of stress, and deal with it to maintain work effectiveness.
- Identify work-life balance programs to maintain personal work-life balance.
- Identify one’s existing financial position using appropriate tools and describe how to manage such a position.
Understand and apply self- awareness techniques and emotional intelligence principles such as self-confidence, flexibility, conscientiousness, and initiative to manage oneself at the workplace.
- Recognise own emotional states, the causes of those emotional states, and their effects on performance and interpersonal relationships at the workplace.
- Manage own emotions and impulses to work effectively with others, taking into consideration the different cultures and backgrounds of individuals at the workplace.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses, and make improvements needed to develop Emotional Intelligence.
- Recognise the emotional needs of others, empathise and respond appropriately to their needs.
- Present self with confidence and show flexibility in responding to changes at the workplace.
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and trustworthiness to complete given tasks according to organisational standards.
- Demonstrate initiative and optimism in pursuing goals beyond what is required and expected of self.
Identify global trends and changes that affect the workplace, undertake lifelong learning principles to adapt to changes for sustained employability, and construct a work ethic that continuously reflects new knowledge and skills that enhance productivity and effectiveness in a diverse workplace.
- Access available sources of information to identify global trends and interpret information that impact one’s employability and job role.
- Identify the types of expectations and adjustments required in current and new job situations to stay employable and competitive in the global context.
- Identify the types of competencies required in current and new job requirements.
- Identify gaps in own competencies, determine training and development needs, and select suitable learning opportunities that match personal learning styles.
- Transfer skills and knowledge acquired from training and development to the workplace, and measure performance improvement as a result of training and development.
- Demonstrate the ability to learn from and coach others a given set of skills from one job situation to another.
- Identify the implications of diversity at the workplace, and participate in relevant approaches to work within a diverse workforce.
- Identify impact of change on oneself and one’s job, and adopt appropriate techniques to respond to change.
Apply effective communication techniques to maintain open communication, resolve issues and concerns, and provide support to team members to achieve individual and team goals.
- Define and align team goals with departmental and organisational goals.
- Define own and individual roles within the team and work within the team and organisation dynamics.
- Maintain open communication with team members by sharing information and discussing work related issues to achieve individual and team goals to meet organisational requirements.
- Listen to and contribute ideas and skills using appropriate communication techniques to achieve team goals.
- Demonstrate trust, respect and support towards team members in daily activities to achieve team goals.
- Identify potential areas of conflict with team members and methods to overcome them, taking into consideration diversity issues.
- Identify and resolve issues and concerns through collaborative activities with supervisor.
- Demonstrate responsibility and commitment for work done and to the achievement of individual and team goals.
- Accept and provide feedback, advice and assistance in a considerate and constructive manner to accomplish task assigned.
- Recommend improvements to established policies and procedures in a proactive manner.
Use effective communication techniques to interpret, clarify, analyse, and respond to information received; and use effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts for win-win outcomes, taking into consideration social and cultural differences.
- Interpret and analyse information received.
- Plan response to information received taking into account the social and cultural background of recipient of information.
- Use appropriate communication techniques that consider social and cultural differences to clarify and respond to information received.
- Identify signs, stages, and causes of conflict with individuals or groups of people.
- Define the conflict and highlight points of differences or contention objectively, taking into consideration social and cultural differences of parties involved.
- Negotiate for mutually acceptable solutions by all parties using effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Communicate outcome of negotiation and propose relevant recommendations with justifications to supervisor.
Acquire the techniques in problem solving and decision making, including proactively identifying root causes to a problem, generating and evaluating alternative solutions, making appropriate decisions and taking responsibility for the decisions within own circle of influence.
- Recognize symptom(s) that could lead to potential problem(s) at the workplace.
- Identify deviations from organisational norm and SOPs based on symptom(s) identified.
- Identify the possible root cause(s) of the problem(s) using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Identify impact of the problem(s) on one’s job responsibilities and other parties involved.
- Generate and select ideas to solve the problem using creative and logical thinking.
- Evaluate selected ideas using pertinent criteria and choose the most desirable one(s) as solution(s) to the problem(s).
- Develop an action plan for implementation of the chosen solution(s).
- Communicate chosen solution(s) and action plan to relevant parties using suitable mode(s) of communication.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented solution(s) and action plan and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Identify preventive measure(s) to avoid recurrence of similar problem(s) in the future.
Demonstrate innovation and initiative to drive and sustain continuous improvement at the workplace while identifying, evaluating, and managing risks associated with innovating and taking initiative at an individual level.
- Show initiative in identifying opportunities and goals for continuous improvement in workplace performance.
- Discuss with stakeholders on potential areas and/or practices for innovation at the workplace.
- Demonstrate innovative and enterprising behaviours to improve business performance in accordance with regulatory requirements and ethics.
- Review new initiatives for possible risks and recommend corrective actions and an appropriate strategy to deal with identified risks.
- Develop an action plan to implement the selected risk strategy in consultation with stakeholders using the most suitable mode of communication.
- Translate ideas into action with self-direction and sustained efforts for goal attainment in accordance with context requirements, best practices and future needs.
- Monitor the risks identified at individual level to implement action plan and update risk response plan.