Content goes here
Content goes here
Acquire the knowledge and skills for managing quality system and processes at the workplace that include managing customer expectations on quality aspects and monitoring the cost of quality and work processes using statistical techniques.
- National/International quality standards.
- Workplace quality system requirements.
- Scopes of quality system and processes.
- Customer expectations.
- Dimension of quality.
- Communication means.
- Use of statistical process control tools for measuring and tracking of quality performance.
- Quality issues resolution process.
Bring resources and processes together to achieve the organisation’s productivity goals using a variety of process improvement methodologies such as process mapping, analysis, and process redesign.
- Concept of process management.
- Organisational goals vis-a-vis customer expectations and requirements.
- Process continuous improvement methodologies used by organisations.
- Defining process relationship.
- Process mapping techniques.
- Process mapping conventions or symbols.
- Types of data and how data should be recorded.
- Process control for variable and attribute data.
- Process capability.
- Change solicitation process.
- Change resolution process.
- Standardisation of process.
Approach, understand, and apply the lean transformation process systematically. Gain the broad knowledge and tools to map the transformation using a system-wide approach for developing and implementing Lean Six Sigma project plans.
- Map and evaluate business process using Value Stream Mapping tool.
- Defines and establishes the value flow as pulled by the customer.
- Identify and analyse non-value added steps or activities in a process using Value Stream Mapping tool.
- Design and implement improvements to the business process.
- Measure and evaluate the improvement measures implemented against determined specifications.
- Implement a system of continuous-improvement in the process.
Apply, demonstrate, and practise the skills learnt to identify processes for re-engineering and to implement relevant changes to meet business objectives.
- Initiate process improvements initiatives in the organisation.
- Identify and select processes for reengineering.
- Draw Process Chart using the mapping tool/software.
- Identify value-added and non-values added activities within a process using the reengineering technique.
- Evaluate the process outcomes in term of cost, duration and service quality using the reengineering technique.
- Reengineer the processes to meet business objectives.
- Develop a reengineering project plan endorsed by stakeholders.
- Simulate the new processes for optimum results according to project plan.
- Structure the organisation and jobs to support the new process using the reengineering technique.
- Introduce change management to support the new process.
- Conduct post reengineering review according to organisational procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement programs according to organisational procedures.
Provide a systematic approach that workers can use to make incremental and breakthrough improvements in work processes that produce products and services for customers.
- Determine the key performance indicators for the work teams to achieve based on the work improvement activities identified.
- Develop action plan and obtain approval to execute the improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Apply control mechanisms to monitor the progress of work teams.
- Resolve issues arise during implementation of improvement activities in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Evaluate the results of work teams against the expected key performance indicators.
- Resolve any unmet goal with the work teams in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Prepare report on the outcomes of improvement activities implemented in accordance with organisational procedures.
- Communicate the improved work processes to relevant stakeholders in accordance with organisational procedures.
Have the skills and knowledge of quality procedures and in putting them into practice at the workplace.
- Communicate organisational communication policies and procedures to staff and monitor their compliance.
- Maintain channels of communication to update staff on latest and relevant work-related information according to organisational communication policies and procedures.
- Promote effective communication among staff taking into account diversity issues.
- Use appopriate communication techniques and tools to suit different communication styles of people in formal and informal settings.
- Assess conflict situation and develop appropriate conflict resolution strategies.
- Resolve conflict using appropriate conflict resolution strategies, approaches and techniques.
Enable participants to benefit from Lean thinking and Lean techniques. Explores the concept of waste and non-value adding activity and covers a range of well-proven Lean tools. Advice is offered on the implementation of best practices.