Acquire skills and enhance understanding of knowledge management concepts and their role in an organisation. These include using relevant ICT tools for knowledge management and resolving related problems.
- Examine the roles and objectives of Knowledge Management in an organisation.
- Identify organisational Knowledge Management strategies and policies with respect to organisational goals and objectives.
- Analyse the common issues and problems in Knowledge Management faced by an organisation.
- Analyse the importance, benefits and roles of using ICT tools for Knowledge Management in an organisation.
- Research industry best practices in using ICT for Knowledge Management and benchmark against organisation’s practices to identify gaps.
- Examine the range of ICT tools available in the market and identify opportunities to use relevant tools for addressing the identified gaps.
- Propose the resolutions for Knowledge Management issues and problems using ICT tools.
Apply ICT at the workplace, which includes analysing the roles of ICT in organisational performance and facilitating development and acquisition of ICT infrastructure and tools that will identify and prevent problems at the workplace.
- Analyse the impact of ICT strategies on corporate performance.
- Analyse the benefits of converting to an electronic environment and the value of using electronic storage media to share workplace documents.
- Examine and highlight to various sources the possible areas ICT tools can be applied to improve performance.
- Support the acquisition and implementation of ICT infrastructure to accomplish organisational goals.
- Comply to organisational ICT policies to prevent common problems relating to ICT corporate services, network performance and shared resources.
- Examine the important aspects of a business continuity plan and analyse its role in minimising negative impact on ICT infrastructure and organisational performance in the event of potential disasters.
- Evaluate effectiveness of ICT infrastructure and associated services in achieving the desired organisational goals.
Leverage traditional and new media tools to develop personal branding and create a professional image through the conduct of market research, networking, and presentation to achieve personal career goals.
- Assess personal competencies to formulate personal career goals.
- Conduct market research to establish personal career opportunities and develop a career plan to meet personal career goals.
- Review requirements of selected career path to develop a personal career portfolio.
- Synthesise personal competencies to develop personal brand and optimise use of new media to promote personal brand.
- Develop and maintain professional image to project personal brand.
- Develop networking skills using new media tools and appropriate interpersonal approaches.
- Use effective presentation skills to promote personal competencies and brand to secure job or assignments.
- Maintain professional competence to ensure the continuing relevance of personal brand and competencies to relevant stakeholders.
- Review achievement of personal career goals and develop corrective strategies to address unrealised career goals.
Apply resilience techniques to resolve unexpected challenges. Assess the resilience level of the business, examine existing gaps, and close them using resilience techniques.
- Assess the level of resilience at the individual and/ or organisational level and its effects on achieving desired outcomes.
- Examine the area(s) for development in resilience of the individual and/ or organisation to achieve desired outcomes.
- Apply resilience techniques to resolve unexpected challenges.
Apply knowledge and skills such as establishing personal goals and relating them to workplace goals, managing time effectively, maintaining work-life balance, and managing stress as well as personal finances so as to optimise effectiveness at work.
- Evaluate personal goals and align them to organisational goals.
- Evaluate personal strengths and weaknesses, develop strategies to overcome weaknesses and leverage on personal strengths to contribute towards the achievement of organisational goals.
- Justify one’s role and responsibilities and their contribution towards the achievement of organisational goals.
- Manage time and resources to meet organisational goals.
- Analyse causes of stress that affect self and staff and develop strategies and techniques to manage them.
- Promote work-life balance programmes to achieve organisational effectiveness.
- Examine the applicability of the common types of financial products for one’s financial context.
- Evaluate one’s existing financial situation using appropriate tools, and develop a plan to manage such a position.
Analyse employability issues for oneself and the organisation in the local and global contexts, and contribute to the development of a learning organisation that can operate effectively in the knowledge-based economy by adapting to change and diversity.
- Evaluate information gathered from the news media to determine relevant issues and trends that affect the organisation both in the local and global contexts.
- Evaluate the implications of global competitiveness on one’s job and organisation.
- Conduct training and development needs analysis using appropriate assessment methods and set learning goals for self and organisation.
- Conduct learning style analysis to identify learning styles of self and staff to ensure the effective acquisition and transfer of knowledge and skills within the organisation.
- Establish and evaluate systems for facilitating transfer of knowledge and skills within an organisation.
- Establish and evaluate learning opportunities, resources and knowledge management infrastructure in an organisation.
- Analyse and adopt suitable approaches for organisational change.
- Develop strategies to assist an organisation to adapt to change.
- Manage and synergise diversity for organisational effectiveness.
Apply emotional intelligence principles to assess and manage oneself and others, acquire awareness of the environment, express empathy, guide others, uphold integrity, and build bonds with others in a business context.
- Assess own level of Emotional Intelligence in one’s dealings and relationships with others in a business context and its effects on achieving organisational goals and objectives.
- Examine own strengths and weaknesses for development of own Emotional Intelligence to work effectively with others in a business context to avhieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Assess the emotional climate of the environment, recognise the emotional strengths and weaknesses of individuals and exercise flexibility and adaptability in dealing with them.
- Manage own emotions and maintain composure, self-confidence and resilience when dealing with challenges and setbacks.
- Demonstrate empathy by acknowledging the feelings and perspectives of individuals in a business context, taking into consideration their culture, background and needs.
- Apply Emotional Intelligence to guide one’s thinking and actions and to influence and persuade others to achieve a win-win outcome.
- Uphold integrity in all business dealings and take responsibility for what have been committed to others that are in alignment with organisational goals.
- Build bonds by nurturing instrumental relationships with others in a business context.
Optimally manage multicultural teams with members belonging to different organisational functions to maximise efficiency and achieve synergy. Establish an effective communication system and employ effective strategies in communication and conflict resolution within and among teams.
- Assess diversity issues that have implications on a work team working towards common goals and objectives.
- Align diverse work teams towards common goals and objectives.
- Examine the differences among the background of members in a diverse work team and their implications on maximising team effectiveness and synergy.
- Establish a positive work culture in a diverse work team.
- Moderate diverse perspectives and opinions across team members from different disciplines and cultures.
- Establish a system to facilitate communication among members within a diverse work team.
Lead workplace communication by evaluating and identifying gaps and barriers in workplace communication. Develop and communicate plans to implement communication strategies and mechanisms. Assess a negotiation situation, develop negotiation strategies, and conduct negotiation to achieve organisational goals and win-win outcomes.
- Conduct research on best practices in workplace communication, evaluate their suitability for adoption and establish benchmarks for the organisation.
- Evaluate gaps and barriers in workplace communication based on determined benchmarks and establish communication strategies and mechanisms that meet organisational goals and objectives.
- Develop communications plan to implement communication strategies and mechanisms.
- Use communication strategies to influence organisational culture and motivate employees to commit to the organisation’s vision, mission and core values.
- Evaluate employees’ level of acceptance of organisation’s vision, mission and core values and take corrective actions where needed.
- Evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies and mechanisms and implementation plan.
- Establish the actual causes of conflict or dispute and plan for negotiation.
- Assess negotiation situation and develop negotiation strategies taking into consideration diversity issues.
- Conduct negotiation to achieve organisational goals and win-win outcomes by applying negotiation strategies and effective communication skills.
- Evaluate negotiation process and delegate appropriate follow-up actions in a timely manner.